Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hey Joe - The Death of Manhood

The blogger behind Hey Joe has come out of the closet - he's a faux man. Not so good with the sports thing, or the automotive mechanic thing, or the home repair thing. Brave man.

I'm good with the sports, although I haven't thrown a football in a very long time. But the mechanical and repair stuff? Not so much. Which scares me since we are looking at buying a house that needs, uh, "a little work."

Seriously, though, manhood has nothing to do with specific skills - it's much more than that.

The Death of Manhood

Mrmom

It is with great sadness that I must report to all of you that false manhood is dead.

No more will men be allowed to simply pretend that they are manly.

I'm sorry, and frankly a little ashamed to have to admit this. I've always tried to give the impression that I am a man, that I could do manly things and purport myself in manly ways. With the declaration of the death of false manhood, apparently it is not to be, and I must learn to live with that.

It is time to come clean "men." I know I am not the only one who is incapable of throwing a decent spiral; of doing the most basic of home repairs without screwing it up beyond belief. Am I alone in not being able to carry on a half-way intelligent conversation about the latest round of draft picks or the results of some weekend sporting event? I doubt it. And certainly I am not the only one who is forced to bring his car to the shop for something as minor as a broken door handle.

No, it's time to step forward gentlemen, and to count yourself among the ranks of quasi-men. There is strength in numbers, in addition to discounts on tickets to the latest musicals!

http://nicelledavis.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/musicals-rain.jpg

Never mind. If you need me I'll be at the gym or the gun club.

1 comment:

themauihippie said...

I dig the blog man!! Keep it up....Peace